Printed on February 13, 2020
Now that Open Enrollment is over, you possibly can enroll in or change Market protection solely you probably have a life occasion, like getting married, having a child, or shedding well being protection, that qualifies you for a
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are 4 primary kinds of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Shedding job-based protection (whether or not by your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family modifications: Marriage, baby beginning or adoption, divorce, or dying
- Residence modifications: Sure family strikes, like shifting to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like revenue modifications): Modifications that make you not eligible for Medicaid or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and so forth.
See the full listing of life occasions.
How do I apply for 2020 protection by a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- When you qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an present one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- You could be requested to submit paperwork to verify the life occasion that makes you eligible.
Undecided your life occasion counts as a Particular Enrollment Interval? Simply reply a few fast questions to search out out.